The Laundry Shop business is a business that people didn’t take note of! It earns a lot of people a company.
I took a survey around an estate and I discover at least one dry cleaner always be in a street or close of the estate. In Fact, I also found three in one street and they are making their money.
A good number of people are ready to pay reasonable money for you to take care of their wears. Your branding depends on the way you sees it. It is not a magic the fact of all business is the more people you are useful to the more money you will be making so why not helping more people one way or the other.
It is a natural thing that everybody loves to wear good and neat clothes. Especially a cooperate workers, they must be neatly dressed always.
Meanwhile, a lot of them have limited time to take care of there wears.
After working for 7 days as general official days, the weekends you suppose to use to enjoy your self and rejoice with family can’t be risked out to wash wears.
There are some dry cleaning company with more than 5 workers getting good salary payment.
This means you can reduce unemployment rate if you succeed in this business.
And the only thing that makes a business succeed is taking the biz very crucial, persistence, work hard and praying over it.
With little investment in this business, you can start earning cool money.
So here is the interesting part as Bill Gate restrict himself to be useful only to those people that have the money to get his iPhone just exactly how this business is. Our target audience is basically those that earn enough income and can afford to pay for yours. Spending money on washing their wears to keep them neat and good looking is just a pinot for them.
That’s just it. The more people you are useful to the more money.
To hint you there are a lot of companies doing great in this business! Now you can join the crew.
In this startup guide, I am going to explain this points in details respectively:
- Startup amount
- Space or building cost
- Machine needed
- Chemical to use and where and how to use it
- Equipment and basic materials needed
- Staff cost and other staff necessaries if you can afford for starting
- Licensing cost
- Management skills.
- How to advertise it -free and paid
- Pricing to give your customer
- Owners advantages and disadvantages of laundry business
- Customers advantages and disadvantages of laundry business
- 1 STARTUP AMOUNT
- 2 LOCATION
- 3 SPACE OR BUILDING COST
- 4 MACHINE NEEDED
- 5 CHEMICAL TO USE AND WHERE AND HOW TO USE IT
- 6 EQUIPMENT AND BASIC MATERIALS NEEDED
- 7 STAFF COST AND OTHER STAFF NECESSARIES IF YOU CAN AFFORD FOR STARTING
- 8 LICENSING/PERMIT COST
- 9 MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- 10 HOW TO ADVERTISE IT -FREE AND PAID
- 11 PRICING TO GIVE YOUR CUSTOMER
- 12 OWNERS ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF LAUNDRY BUSINESS
- 13 CUSTOMERS ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF LAUNDRY BUSINESS
The amount you need to startup laundry shop business depends on your location and the amount of the equipment’s you will need for this business in your location. I am going state all that you will need to start up this business soon.
Depending on the amount you can gather if you don’t really have much then you just skip some equipment’s that is not necessary and get the necessary once for now.
If you are to consider setting up laundry shop in big shape then you will need staff. In this aspect, you need to consider researching another laundry around you and ask how much you can be paying your staff.
The place you locate your laundry really matters. If you plan to operate this business in front of your apartment, this is going to work if its an estate.
But the best is if you can start it at any suitable location.
This are what you should consider:
- Proximity: Consider your shop nearer to those that can afford to patronize your business. Mostly, consider middle-class resident since they are busy and at the same time they can afford it.
- Visibility of the shop: Make sure your shop is visible for the passer-by because that is the best way to advertise your laundering business.
- Good and Adequate water supply: Consider where you locate your laundry business a very good water content and adequate supply since that crucial for the business.
- Affordability: You should be able to afford the apartment since you are to be paying for it for a long time make sure its affordable to you and your business. Do the perfect calculation.
- Reasonable lease contract: Make sure you let the owner of the apartment aware of what you want to use it for and read its term and condition maybe it will not affect your business.
3SPACE OR BUILDING COST
This also varies depending on your location and how spacious the shop is. It is of great advantage if the building is highly spacious. You can move around and look for an agent or if you can see the vacant shop to ask for the price. This is one of those necessary things that consume money in setting up a laundry shop followed by a washing machine.
The basic machine needed is washing machine. Is better you get at least one new washing machine, Pressing Iron and in case of a power outage you will need a generator too.
Approximately All-in-one washing machine on Amazon worth about $1,000(360,000 naira) , pressing iron about $100(36,000 naira) and generator about $400 (144,000 naira). But luckily some of the people starting this business already have some of this machine.
5CHEMICAL TO USE AND WHERE AND HOW TO USE IT
Note generally chemical is not good on cloth, to our health or environment.
Though out of all the chemicals used for washing clothes like Hydrocarbons, Glycol Ethers, Liquid Carbon Dioxide, Bottom LineLiquid Silicone is still partially okay.
6EQUIPMENT AND BASIC MATERIALS NEEDED
These are basic materials needed for starting, some has already been taking care of:
Laundry detergents specifically used by dry cleaners.
A generator set to power your laundry business in case of an electricity outage.
A garment conveyor to hang the finished clothes.
An ironing table to straighten and fold the dried clothes with an industrial steam iron.
A washing basin to separate and soak different materials and colours of clothing.
7STAFF COST AND OTHER STAFF NECESSARIES IF YOU CAN AFFORD FOR STARTING
In this case, you still need to contact laundry shops around you to know the rate.
But make sure you screen your staff very well before they entered. For your business to succeed it’s in their hand. Make sure everybody is happy with each other. Teach them to treat customers has a king.
Licensing is basically based on location.
License cost around #35,000($98) in Nigeria.
Note that it’s after everything is in place before go for licensing.
You need to know some managerial skills and also teach your staff some too.
- Customer relationship- Treat your customers as a king.
- Make sure everywhere is tidy and well organized most times
- Keeping in and out records- This is very important. Make sure you keep every single record.
10HOW TO ADVERTISE IT -FREE AND PAID
The best free advert is to locate your shop where there are passers-by.
Another thing is to make your laundry unique, some stuff you can add are:
You can move around to ask people if they need a laundry service and drop your fliers
Make your price cheaper
Get social with the customer and get their contacts! Message them occasionally
Print fliers, business card and handbill and distribute them.
Offer free service ‘EG BUY 5 GET ONE FREE LOGIC’
Brand your finished product with your laundry details.
Deliver your products to customers in time.
Add home delivery service. Brand a vehicle to be used for pick-up and drop-off.
Look what the competitor around you lack and add it to your business.
And very important read this articles, it’s going to help you ‘4 Simple Unique Techniques I Used To Find Laundry Near Me[ANY LOCATION YOU ARE]‘
11PRICING TO GIVE YOUR CUSTOMER
If there is any existing laundry shop around you need to pay a visit to know their price and also compare it to know the perfect price to give them. Consider the fact that you are just new and make it a little bit cheaper but don’t let it affect you.
Basic price in Nigeria Naira
Suite is #1000($3)
Shirt is #300(approx. $1)
Trousers is #150( approx. $1)
Bed Spread is #500($2)
Let quickly do some quick mass here:
Assuming at least You wash 3suits, 1 blanket, 2 bedspread and 11 shirts per day.
You will be making 3000+500+1000+3300 = 7800 per day.($22)
Waoo you will be making 7800 per day and 234,000 monthly.($650)
And this is just the least assumption because you will be making more than that if you consider location before starting it.
Laundry business is the coolest way to make money.
12OWNERS ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF LAUNDRY BUSINESS
- It is affordable to set up
- Fast income
- Easy to set up
DISADVANTAGE / Challenges
- Sometimes not all stains can be removed
- Cloths got damage sometimes
- Clothing can shrink
- Poor electric supply might affect
- Cloth can sometimes go from dirty to worst
- Absence of sunlight
13CUSTOMERS ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF LAUNDRY BUSINESS
- Using dry cleaner is affordable
- Professional result got delivered
- It protects the quality of your clothes
- Your laundry got done quickly and conveniently
- It improves the personal hygiene of the customer
- Dry cleaned clothes last longer
- Cloth can sometimes go from dirty to worst
- Cloth can get burnt
OVER TO YOU
THANK YOU FOR READING