The University of Calgary, a prestigious research university in Canada, awards a yearly scholarship to deserving first-year international students. This scholarship is called the University of Calgary international entrance scholarship. It is aimed at acknowledging and rewarding international students with excellent academic performance.
If you have been nursing a dream of studying in Canada or you want a fully funded scholarship that will sponsore you to sturdy abroad, specifically in Canada, basically this is a dream come true opprtunity for you
because University Of Calgary International entrance scholarship are available to all african countries and open now to start your free application.
To have full knowledge about the scholarship and how to go about it then it is advisable to read the entire article and i will 100% recommend you to read our recent articles on ‘10 Fully funded scholarships in Canada for international students 2023(Requirements & How To Apply)‘ reading this will allow you to start multiple scholarships application and you might end up getting multiple scholarship and multple sponsorships. You can click here to start multiple application procedures
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the University of Calgary international entrance scholarship. Keep reading to learn more.
- 1 About the University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
- 2 Eligibility for University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
- 3 Scholarship worth of University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
- 4 How to apply for the University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
- 5 University of Calgary international entrance scholarship deadline
- 6 Conclusion: University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
- 7 DON’T MISS THIS
About the University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
The University of Calgary international entrance scholarship is a yearly scholarship program hosted by the University of Calgary, Canada. This scholarship program is offered to undergraduate international students entering their first year in the upcoming fall.
Recipients of this award must showcase academic excellence among other things. This award is renewable. Students who maintain the requirements will continue to receive the benefits of this scholarship.
Eligibility for University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
These is the number one reason i employ us to checkout the recent list of top 10 fully funded scholarships in Canada that you can apply for with there requirements because if you are not eligible for this then you will surely be eligible for multiple other on the list with easy procedures you can click here to read the articles of top 10 scholarships in canada here
let continue about the Eligibility for University of Calgary international entrance scholarship, Before applying for this entrance scholarship, it is important to ensure you are eligible for the scholarship. Below are the criteria for the University of Calgary international entrance scholarship.
- Candidates must be done with high school.
- They must be international students paying tuition at an overseas rate.
- Candidates must be admitted to study full-time at the University of Calgary as undergraduate students for the upcoming fall semester.
- They must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.20.
- Candidates must pass the university’s language proficiency requirement with flying colors.
- The admissible English language tests are TOEFL-iBT: 86, IELTS: 6.5
Note: This scholarship is renewable, and to continue receiving its benefits till graduation (for four years only), you need to maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.60 (or above) or a minimum of 24.00 units of coursework.
They also need to continue paying tuition at an overseas rate as an international student.
Applicants NOT Eligible for the University of Calgary fully funded international entrance scholarship
- Students who are Canadian citizens or have a Canadian permanent residents permit.
- Those already enrolled in any university other than the University of Calgary.
- Students that are not entering the first year of their study.
- Those studying postgraduate courses.
- Students enrolled in undergraduate programs for longer than 4 years. (After the fourth year, you are responsible for your tuition)
Scholarship worth of University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
The University of Calgary international entrance scholarship is worth CAD 15,000. This award mainly covers the tuition fees of the recipients. Any money remaining after paying the tuition is directly paid into the bank account of the recipient. This is known as “Payout of Scholarship Funds”. You can check out these 9 other universities in canada that their scholarships worth more than CAD 15,000 and are currently open for free application Click here to read about them
Recipients receive approximately $15,000 yearly. This entrance scholarship is renewable, so the total amount that the recipient will receive from this scholarship (for 4 years) is $60,000. However, this only applies to recipients enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program.
This scholarship goes to only two outstanding candidates.
How to apply for the University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
First, candidates must apply for an undergraduate program at the University of Calgary.
- To do this, you need to visit the university of Calgary website and create a UCalgary eID.
- Make use of the application guide(https://www.ucalgary.ca/registrar/finances/awards/apply) to make it easier.
- Submit your application, you might be required to pay an application fee of $145.
- You will be notified in your Calgary Student Center on where and how to submit any required documents. For more information, visit their documentation page
Once you are done applying for admission into the University of Calgary. The next step is to apply for the scholarship.
- To do this, login into your student center in your myUofC portal.
- Then, click the “My Financials” page in your student center.
- After that, scroll down to the Awards & Scholarships section, and click on “Apply for Undergraduate Awards”.
- Select the International Entrance Scholarship tap from the Undergraduate Awards Application Centre.
- Submit the required supporting documents
- Complete the needed information and submit your application.
The University of Calgary selection committee assesses all the applications submitted and selects two outstanding candidates.
This committee considers the following in their selection process;
- Academic Performance.
- Test results.
- Achievements and participation in the classroom.
- Extracurricular accomplishments.
- Volunteering and community service.
Recipients of this award are informed of the selections in their UCalgary admission letter.
University of Calgary international entrance scholarship deadline
The deadline for this entrance scholarship is usually on the 1st of December of every year.
Conclusion: University of Calgary international entrance scholarship
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is a reputable award that acknowledges the excellent accomplishments of international students entering their first year. We covered everything you should know about this scholarship in this article. We hope you found this article helpful.
We are sure you will find this helpful as well 10 Fully Funded Canadian universities scholarships for international students(apply now)
DON’T MISS THIS
- 10 Canadian universities scholarships for international students(apply now)
- 3 Steps To easily get scholarships to study abroad Opportunities Notifications (Guided Steps)
- Apply For Fully Funded University of British Columbia scholarships in Canada for international students
- 10 Fully funded scholarships in Canada for international students (Requirements & How To Apply)
- Lester B Pearson Fully Funded scholarship In Toronto Canada 2022 / 2023 (Acceptance Rate , Deadline And How To Apply )